[OpenLayers-Dev] IOL (openlayers mobile)

Bruno Binet bruno.binet at camptocamp.com
Fri Jan 22 10:58:21 EST 2010

Hi list and OpenGeo guys,

I recently worked on a mobile web gis application using OpenLayers,
and I came across the IOL library.
See: http://projects.opengeo.org/mobile
Thanks to Whit from OpenGeo for the good work!
I made some enhancements to IOL on my own, and I was wondering if IOL
was envisioned to be part of OpenLayers in the future, when more
mature.
If that is your willing, then I think it could be great to create an
IOL sandbox in OpenLayers, so that we can contribute patches, and
improve it easily.

What do think?

One more thing, the articles written about IOL are not longer
available. You can still find them in google cache:
http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:KxR3p1lX3i4J:docs.opengeo.org/geospiel/%3Fp%3D46+http://docs.opengeo.org/geospiel/2008/10/31/ioljs/&cd=1&hl=fr&ct=clnk&gl=fr

Cheers,

--
Bruno Binet