[OpenLayers-Dev] [OL 3] map events

Peter Robins openlayers at peterrobins.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 09:53:52 EDT 2010

I'm rather confused by this discussion. When I first saw Bart's bullet
point, I thought it was referring to map events such as layeradded.
Then when I read the log, I saw much discussion of click, i.e.
browser, events. But surely if the objective of 3.0 is to separate the
ui from the 'core' map functionality, then the map, i.e. the map
object, will be part of the core, whereas browser events like clicks
will be part of a particular (albeit default) ui environment, along
with the various other controls, popups, etc. I don't see how having
map.click.on or whatever is compatible with this. Some ui
environments, such as Tim's melodica :-), won't have clicks, so how
can clicks be core?