[OpenLayers-Dev] PanZoomBar doesn't handle forceFixedZoomLevel correct

Fabian Patzke (OL) listensammler at patzi.de
Tue Jul 6 05:01:43 EDT 2010

Hi I have created a ticket concerning a bug in the PanZoomBar control that is
active when forceFixedZoomLevel is set to true.

Ticket: http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2725

When setting up a map with fractionalZoom: true and a PanZoomBar  control
with forceFixedZoomLevel: true there seems to be a bug in the
implementation. If you start at a fixed zoom level and use the zoombar
slider you will get a fixed zoom level back (i.e. start from 2 move up 3 get
5). But if you start with a non fixed zoom level you will get a non fixed
back (i.e. start from 2.345 move up 3 get 5.345). Maybe this is the way
somebody wanted it to be, but for me it feels a bit broken. Also there is an
error when you move the slider to the bottom of the bar. Then it returns a
negative zoom level and can not zoom to it. In the attached patch I fixed
both issues so that you will get back a fixed level and 0 as the minimum
zoom level.