[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 2.10 versus 3.0

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Tue Jun 15 16:05:37 EDT 2010

I'm in favor of 3.0 (I think this is widely known) and 2.10.

Since it sounds like we are going to have a good contingent of
developers in Barcelona, why don't we focus on 2.10 until then and do
the big planning for 3.0 then?

Unless people really have a lot of time to dedicate to coordinated 3.0
development ahead of FOSS4G, I think we would benefit from discussion in
person about 3.0 design.

Tim

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> a discussion that seems to be coming back is will we ever do an OpenLayers
> 3.0 or will we continue with the 2.X series. It recently came up here
> again:
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2619#comment:13
>
> So what is your opinion on this?
>
> Personally I am in favour of doing a 3.0 release, but I am not sure how
> others feel.
>
> If we plan to do a 3.0, can we have a meeting in Barcelona to discuss the
> direction?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Tim Schaub