[OpenLayers-Dev] DOM manipulation in OL 3.0

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Jun 23 08:08:23 EDT 2010

Hi list.

I've just spend a few hours tracking down a problem with the ZoomBox being not in the correct position.

It appears to me that OpenLayers.Util.pagePosition is returning the wrong values in my specific case.

Using either ExtJS getXY() or jQuery's implementation all is fine.

So this brings me to a discussion point for OL 3.0, do want to keep DOM manipulation in OpenLayers itself, or will we create adapters for popular libraries like Ext-core and jQuery? I know this creates an extra dependency, but to me this seems much simpler than maintaining yet another DOM manipulation implementation.

Comments welcome.

Best regards,
Bart