[OpenLayers-Dev] DOM manipulation in OL 3.0

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 08:35:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 06/23/2010 02:08 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> So this brings me to a discussion point for OL 3.0, do want to keep DOM manipulation in OpenLayers itself, or will we create adapters for popular libraries like Ext-core and jQuery? I know this creates an extra dependency, but to me this seems much simpler than maintaining yet another DOM manipulation implementation.

I'd like to see adapters for all kinds of libraries. Most people use
OpenLayers within a bigger JavaScript application which uses already
some kind of JavaScript library. So just use the power of those, don't
try to catch up with reimplementing it.

Though I think OL 3.0 should bundle a fallback adapter which would be
the code (copy & paste) of a liberal licensed JavaScript library, so
that people a still able to use OL without the need of any external lib.

Cheers,
   Volker