[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers on the OSGeo LiveDVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 07:43:42 EDT 2010

In a bit over a week, we have a feature freeze for the OSGeoLive DVD
4.0, which will be handed out to all delegates at FOSS4G 2010.
http://osgeo.org

This DVD has over 30 Open Source GIS applications on it. While someone
has written an OpenLayers build script, and OpenLayers is on the
LiveDVD, we don't have an icon for OpenLayers and hence no one can find
the demos.

What I'm looking for is a volunteer who will be able to give the build
script some love and get it working, probably also update the version of
the script (currently downloading 2.8).

And then have someone update the QuickStart and Overview documentation.
(More details on documentation coming soon).

How to add a project to OSGeo Live is here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Install_Script

Openlayers install script:
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_openlayers.sh

    * Schedule
      <http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB>

          o 5 July 2010: Feature freeze
          o 2 August 2010: Final delivery for User Acceptance Test

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director

Think Globally, Fix Locally