[OpenLayers-Dev] central repo for v3

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Jun 30 17:56:38 EDT 2010

Hey-

As discussed in the IRC meeting on OL3, we'll be trying out git for
development toward 3.0 and are hosting the central repository on GitHub.

http://github.com/openlayers/openlayers

The current svn trunk committers that have GitHub accounts have been
added as collaborators for that repository.  Anybody can fork, make
changes, and send pull requests.  (Apologies to early forkers/watchers
for deleting and recreating the repository before.)

The readme-dev.md [1] at the repository root describes the process for
making changes to the central repository.  This is relevant to current
trunk committers.  As we go along, we'll work on a process that works
for everyone (or at least works well).

Only the first section of that document will be relevant for most folks.
  The part on merging changes from subversion is only relevant for
people who will be pulling in 2.x changes.

That's it for now.  Discussion welcome.

Tim

[1]: http://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/master/readme-dev.md

--