[OpenLayers-Dev] Can OpenLayers call a webservice?

venkat.bapalu venkatabapalu.g at tcs.com
Thu May 6 21:51:23 EDT 2010

Hi,

I was stuck up at the below implementations and am not able to move further.
I have few queries on OpenLayers functionalities, Please let me know the
possibility of the approach and the best way of implementing it !!

1. Can OpenLayers directly read the XML data with spatial information and
display in web page? If this possible, please give any example

2. Can OpenLayers connect directly to any database (oracle) and publish the
data on map? one way of connecting to the database is through the use of
GeoServer with OpenLayers. But I want to use only OpenLayers to connect to
the oracle database. Please let me know how to achieve this?

3. Can OpenLayers using JavaScript (AJAX) can call a Oracle BPEL webservice?
If so how to customize the openlayers to call the webservice

Regards
Venkat