[OpenLayers-Dev] Can OpenLayers call a webservice?

venkat.bapalu venkatabapalu.g at tcs.com
Thu May 6 22:07:50 EDT 2010

 Hi Chris, Thanks for the prompt response. Do you have any example which explains the how to use/call XML data with OpenLayers? Regards Venkat -----"christopher.schmidt at nokia.com [via OSGeo.org]"  wrote: ----- To: "venkat.bapalu" <venkatabapalu.g at tcs.com> From: "christopher.schmidt at nokia.com [via OSGeo.org]" <ml-node+5017513-82469284-529905 at n2.nabble.com> Date: 05/07/2010 07:33AM Subject: Re: Can OpenLayers call a webservice? On May 6, 2010, at 9:51 PM, ext venkat.bapalu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was stuck up at the below implementations and am not able to move further.
> I have few queries on OpenLayers functionalities, Please let me know the
> possibility of the approach and the best way of implementing it !!
>
> 1. Can OpenLayers directly read the XML data with spatial information and
> display in web page? If this possible, please give any example
Yes.
> 2. Can OpenLayers connect directly to any database (oracle) and publish the
> data on map? one way of connecting to the database is through the use of
> GeoServer with OpenLayers. But I want to use only OpenLayers to connect to
> the oracle database. Please let me know how to achieve this?
No.
> 3. Can OpenLayers using JavaScript (AJAX) can call a Oracle BPEL webservice?
> If so how to customize the openlayers to call the webservice
No idea.
-- Chris

View message @
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Can-OpenLayers-call-a-webservice-tp5017473p5017513.html

To unsubscribe from Can OpenLayers call a webservice?,
click here
.

=====-----=====-----===== Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank you