[OpenLayers-Dev] 256x256 Levels

aymankoo ayman_sjo at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 16:01:13 EDT 2010

This is a repeated subject, Sorry but some one changed the subject of my

I am using WorldWind caching. one of my caching using 256x256, but when I
used OpenLayers with 256x256 it has very strange behavior, it downloaded the
same tile more than once and draw it on different places on the same level.

After several tests, I found that OpenLayers sends request for 2 tiles with
different longlat with the same Row and col.
example
http://172.31.101.109:8080/servlet/getImageWWJ1?x1=51.375&y=25.96875&x=51.46875&y1=26.0625&level=4&row=618&col=1234

http://172.31.101.109:8080/servlet/getImageWWJ1?x1=51.46875&y=25.96875&x=51.5625&y1=26.0625&level=4&row=618&col=1234

these tow requests are for tow different tiles, as you can see the bounds
for the tiles are different, but the column, row and Zoom level are the
same, which return the same image .

After requsting the tiles from on fly process (not cached tiles) which
create the image based on bounds, every things worked fine.