[OpenLayers-Dev] Remove symbols in Openstreetmap with OpenLayers

Matthew Wechsler maw269 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:33:04 EST 2010

Hi Jonathan,
I don't believe you will be able to remove those symbols without
rendering your own OSM tiles.
If you have or are planning on redering your own map tiles and plan on
using Mapnik you could either:
1. replace the .png in the mapnik>symbols folder with a 100%
transparent file of the same name (probably safest but uglies route)
or
2. Find the symbol within the symbols folder then remove all
references of that symbol from the osm.xml file you create.

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapnik on how to create your own tiles.

Matt