[OpenLayers-Dev] Maximum number of tiles requested

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Fri Sep 10 09:58:54 EDT 2010

Am 10.09.2010 14:42, schrieb DGIS Devels:
> Is the number of tiles requested simultaneously limited in OpenLayers? I
> would like to know how long I have to wait (timeout) to have a whole map
> with a high number of tiles.

Most browsers have a hard-coded limit of 2 parallel Requests per Domain
to avoid flooding servers with requests.

The limit is per Domain, not per IP, which is why you can trick around
this limit by using multiple domains to point to your tile-server
(a.tile.myserver.net, b.tile.myserver.net, c.tile.myserver.net).

If is, for example, done on osm.org:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/openlayers/OpenStreetMap.js

Peter