[OpenLayers-Dev] VERSION_NUMBER

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Mon Apr 4 12:23:32 EDT 2011

On Monday, April 4, 2011, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) <bartvde at osgis.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I see that in trunk VERSION_NUMBER now occurs in 2 files:
>
>  * OpenLayers.js
>  * OpenLayers/SingleFile.js
>
> However their values differ.
>
> Is this not gonna lead to confusion?

If I read the release procedure correctly both
OpenLayers.VERSION_NUMBER values are manually set to "Release-x.y" in
the SVN tag. So no confusion for releases.

In trunk we use the $Revision$ keyword, so you're right, the values in
OpenLayers.js and SingleFile.js differ. I'm not sure I understand the
purpose of using $Revision$ here, as the latter is the revision number
in which the file (OpenLayers.js or SingleFile.js) changed. So, to me,
the VERSION_NUMBER string has no valuable meaning for the trunk.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS