[OpenLayers-Dev] Harware accelerated CSS3 animations for iOS

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Tue Apr 12 11:54:51 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, April 12, 2011, Gregers Gram Rygg <gregersrygg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a demo with translate3d (click on the raw link to test it on a device)
> https://gist.github.com/913763

I just tested it in my iPhone 3G (old gneration), and pinchzoom does
feel better.

> It's a copy of the mobile example (just added <base href=... /> and
> the translate3d hack)
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/mobile.html
>
> The css-selector in my first e-mail will only work on layers that use
> OpenLayers.Tile.Image. So guess we have to find a better selector to
> match images in other kind of layers. Some layers have a olLayerDiv
> class, but not all (Google layer has no classes at all). Do we want to
> apply this hack on all layers, or should we apply it in a controlled
> manner?

Right now pinchzoom isn't supported for the commercial layers. The
commercial layers aren't in the "layer container" div, which the div
we scale and translate on pinch. So targetting Tile.Image sounds good
to me at this point.  And for now I think it'd great to document this
trick in the "mobile" section of our narrative doc. Would you provide
a patch for that?

Also, have you tried applying the translate3d hack directly to the
layer container div? (Sorry if it isn't relevant.)

Thanks

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS