[OpenLayers-Dev] website update

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Mon Apr 18 13:47:40 EDT 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 12:21 PM, ext Tim Schaub wrote:

> I'm interested in spreading around the knowledge about how to update our website.  I've started a very rough document describing how things are hosted here: http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/Infrastructure
>
> I'm currently very interested in seeing this page updated:
> http://openlayers.org/sponsorship/
>
> This page has Chris' email and phone number on it as contact details. I'm concerned about folks having trouble getting in touch with us due to outdated information (and I think a list accessible by more than one person is more appropriate than a single email address/phone number). I've had several (three) folks get in touch to say that they have tried to inquire about sponsorship and have not heard anything back.
>
> I know none of us have real time to dedicate to this stuff.  All the more reason to document how things are done so more people can help.
>
> If anybody can take time to figure out how to update the website, please document your findings on the page above.

Tim,

I pointed you to:

http://svn.openlayers.org/project/sponsorship/update_website.sh

on Friday; running that script:

 1. Checks out the website/sponsorship directory
 2. Generates a new index.html in website/sponsorship/
 3. Runs svn ci (prompting you to enter a commit message).

Since the website is autoupdated from the website/ directory, this
will update the contents of the website.

Is this the information you want to see added to the wikipage above?

-- Chris