[OpenLayers-Dev] website update

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Apr 18 15:44:00 EDT 2011

On 4/18/11 11:47 AM, christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2011, at 12:21 PM, ext Tim Schaub wrote:
>
>> I'm interested in spreading around the knowledge about how to update our website.  I've started a very rough document describing how things are hosted here: http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/Infrastructure
>>
>> I'm currently very interested in seeing this page updated:
>> http://openlayers.org/sponsorship/
>>
>> This page has Chris' email and phone number on it as contact details. I'm concerned about folks having trouble getting in touch with us due to outdated information (and I think a list accessible by more than one person is more appropriate than a single email address/phone number). I've had several (three) folks get in touch to say that they have tried to inquire about sponsorship and have not heard anything back.
>>
>> I know none of us have real time to dedicate to this stuff.  All the more reason to document how things are done so more people can help.
>>
>> If anybody can take time to figure out how to update the website, please document your findings on the page above.
>
> Tim,
>
> I pointed you to:
>
> http://svn.openlayers.org/project/sponsorship/update_website.sh

Right, I know what is in SVN.  The missing instructions are what to do
on the openlayers.org server.

> on Friday; running that script:
>
>   1. Checks out the website/sponsorship directory
>   2. Generates a new index.html in website/sponsorship/
>   3. Runs svn ci (prompting you to enter a commit message).
>
> Since the website is autoupdated from the website/ directory, this
> will update the contents of the website.
>
> Is this the information you want to see added to the wikipage above?

Yes, instructions on that wiki page would be preferable to email.  And
full paths are preferable to relative ones.  And any detail about users
would also be useful (you mentioned that previously things had to be
done from your home dir - not sure if this is still true).

Thanks,
Tim

> -- Chris
>

>> Thanks,
>> Tim
>

>> PS - I changed the contact details for sponsorship 7 months ago (http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/changeset/10798/project/sponsorship).  I'd like to change this again to be an archived list that is accessible by more folks.  The website doesn't reflect the updated source.
>>
>> --
>> Tim Schaub
>> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org
>> Expert service straight from the developers.

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org