[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: [OpenLayers] #2964: Error in Layer.Zoomify when width or height is evenly divisible by 256

alan at objectivepathology.com alan at objectivepathology.com
Sat Apr 30 19:47:24 EDT 2011

I was the submitter of the original bug. Fix works for me. I
tried zoomifying an image 16384 x 31 pixels using the
current free Zoomifyer 3.0 from zoomify.com. Note:
coordinates for zoomify tiles are z-x-y.
The result was that all the 2-n-0 tiles were 1 pixel high as
expected. All levels above that would be 0 pixels high
theoretically. However the 1-0-0 tile was 256 x 256, 0-1-0
was 256 x 256. Tiles 0-0-0 and 1-1-0 were completely
missing.
I cannot believe that such an inconsistent result is by
design.

This unfortunate result is at
http://www.objectivepathology.com/ViewerBug/onepixelhigh.htm

In my work with pathology slides I never have a situation
like this. My only issue is the occasional scan where an
edge is exactly 256 pixels wide or high which causes a real
problem.

In conclusion, I'm happy with whatever method people choose
to handle Zoomify tiles where one dimension is zero.

Alan Page