[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers overlay layer transition

Ryan.Amies ryan.amies at jncc.gov.uk
Thu Aug 4 04:09:35 EDT 2011

We have an OpenLayers map, that pulls tiles from the Ordinance Survey for
background, and then mapserver supplying roughly 10 overlay layers as
rasters. The address of the current system is:
http://ukbars.defra.gov.uk/maps/Planning/Index

The issue we have is that the overlay layers are not being requested until
all of the tiles from the OS server are loaded. What we want to do if
possible is to load them either at the same time, or have the overlays load
first.

I can't find any documentation around this issue, so any help will be
greatly appreciated.