[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 2.11 RC2

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 11:07:15 EDT 2011

On 08/08/2011 04:20 PM, christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:
> The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce the second release
> candidate of OpenLayers 2.11!
>
> As of 2.11-RC2, the OpenLayers 2.11 release closes an additional 31 tickets,
> resolving a number of issues with the previous release candidate.
>
> We invite you to help us test the 2.11 release candidate! To test 2.11
> in your applications, include the following tag in your
> OpenLayers-powered page:
>
> <script src="http://openlayers.org/api/2.11-rc2/OpenLayers.js"></script>
>
> As always, the source is available at http://openlayers.org/download/.
> Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the 2.11 RC2 version and 2.11
> milestone.

Hi all,

I somehow missed this 2.11 RC2 mail. Is there a chance to get the JSONP
(OpenLayers.Protocol.Script) improvements into 2.11?

http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/3417

Is there anything I can do to make it happen?

The reason why I really want it in is, that also CouchDB uses such more
restrictive callback name validation and I'd like to make as easy as
possible for people to use OpenLayers/MapQuery with a remote
CouchDB/GeoCouch.

Cheers,
   Volker