[OpenLayers-Dev] Debugging OpenLayers: a script not minified?

Andrés Maneiro amaneiro at icarto.es
Mon Feb 7 11:20:48 EST 2011

Hello,

I'm through the process of understanding how a WFS request is formed. I
think I have a bug on my code and it will be useful to debug the process
all along. So, I need to go through OL code step by step and understand
what it does.

For that, I'm using the utilities chrome browser provides. But, the
OpenLayers script is minified [1], so it's a mess to debug and
understand. I've tried the OL code from svn and also the tarball of the
stable release. Both seem to be minified.

So, my question is: is there a version of OL not minified "for
debugging"? How do you debug step-by-step OL code?

best,
amaneiro

[1] http://www.crockford.com/javascript/jsmin.html