[OpenLayers-Dev] "allow pan while drawing" patch

Benoit Quartier benoit.quartier at camptocamp.com
Wed Jan 12 11:41:19 EST 2011

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Yves Jacolin
<yves.jacolin at camptocamp.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Le mercredi 12 janvier 2011 17:22:17, Alexandre Dube a écrit :
> > I agree with Tim.  Being a part time user of Adobe products, I really
> > like these kinds of key shortcut while editing.  This is an excellent
> idea.
>
> QGIS behaves like this as well !
>
> > On 11-01-12 11:11 AM, Tim Schaub wrote:
> > > [..]  This makes for fast
> > > drawing/navigating and I think there are a lot of folks that already
> > > work with this type of environment.
> agree, even if I prefer the OpenLayers ones !

Some people use Adobe product like illustrator (techies or designers),
everybody uses google map.
Most of the people don't even know what Illustrator (or QGIS) is but they
know Google map.

> > > I know Google does it differently, but I don't necessarily think we
> > > have to follow.
> Agree!

OpenLayers has not to follow the Google map way, but users will expect it.

Benoît