[OpenLayers-Dev] "allow pan while drawing" patch

Cédric MOULLET cedric.moullet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 13:32:12 EST 2011

SO GREAT  !! Thanks a lot for implementing that.
This is really powerful and usable.
Some CAD systems provide also the possibility to snap, for example, at the
intersections of lines (without having a real point) or in the middle of
circle. Usually, the cursor will change depending of the type of snapping.
But this is of course more than a nice to have.
Thanks again !
Cédric

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Eric Lemoine
<eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Andreas Hocevar <ahocevar at opengeo.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > thanks for your efforts. My only concern is that adding vertices on
> mouseup instead of mousedown negatively affects the user experience when a
> Snapping control is used. This is because the user doesn't see any more
> where the vertex is going to be snapped to.
> >
> > At this point, I have no idea how to solve this.
>
> Thanks for explaining.
>
> Some of us here at Camptocamp have discussed this a bit further, and
> we've come up with a potential solution to this issue, where the first
> point to be laid down is drawn as the soon as the control is active
> (or the previous feature is finalized).
>
> See the demo on
> <
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/elemoine/draw-feature/examples/snapping.html
> >.
> You should have a point following the mouse as soon as the draw tool
> is made active in the toolbar.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Eric Lemoine