[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: Advanced Closure Compiler for OpenLayers: lite.cfg = 46 kb

Xavier Mamano (jorix) xavier.mamano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:51:02 EST 2011

Hi Paul,

Thanks for breaking the silence!

Yes this is an impressive result but now ADVANCED_OPTIMIZATIONS application
has a more academic than practical character. I have only made the changes
necessary to lite.cfg work.
(and I could see that it is essential to use the
http://code.google.com/intl/ca/closure/compiler/docs/inspector.html Closure
Inspector )

On the other hand SIMPLE_OPTIMIZATIONS is directly applicable, is safe and
has good compression ratio of 20%.
But it is also remarkable that the compiler gives useful information when it
checks
the source code, see #2960, #2971, #2976,
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/3001 #3001  and
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2989 #2989 .

Solve massive warnings highlights what should be revised. This has
been my main line of work done with Closure Compiler for OpenLayers,
see:  http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/3008 #3008  and also
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/OpenLayers-without-warnings-using-the-Closure-Compiler-in-VERBOSE-mode-tc5916529.html
OpenLayers without warnings...

Thanks for any feedback