[OpenLayers-Dev] SOS Capabilities through POST (XML data)

Xurxo Mendez sonxurxo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 06:52:42 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm working with a SOS server that only allows GetCapabilities with POST
parameters (not KVP allowed in GET query String). I've added some writers to
lib/OpenLayers/Format/SOSCapabilities/v1_0_0.js and
lib/OpenLayers/Format/OWSCommon/v1.js to support this. You can check this in
my sandbox (http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/sandbox/sonxurxo/sos).
If you consider that this can be matter of a ticket I can create it and
attach a patch.
I've also created an example using this feature, that also (this might be
interesting for Bart I hope) retrieves the feature geometries (points) of
the FOIs directly through a GetObservation request, which is mandatory in
the standard, instead of doing so through a GetFeatureOfInterest (optional
in the standard). You can test it also in my sandbox as well, at
examples/SOSGetObservation.html.

Best regards,

Xurxo Méndez Pérez

http://www.sonxurxo.com