[OpenLayers-Dev] script protocol and filter serialization

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Thu Jan 27 16:15:35 EST 2011

Tim,

MapFish and FeatureServer use essentially the same filter parameters, and at the
time, when we discussed it on the mailing list, it seemed a simple enough convention
that backing it into HTTP (to be subclassed/replaced by higher level protocols)
wasn't a big deal.

I'm not aware of anyone actively using Filters with FeatureServer, so I have no
investment in keeping it the way it is, but I do think that tying it to MapFish
is a bit narrow; I don't have a better suggestion at the moment.

-- Chris