[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: How to override abstract OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.v1?

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Mon Jul 4 11:02:39 EDT 2011

Tim,
Sorry for the late response. Friday was a holiday here and I only checked
this morning.

No, I cannot run the code you suggest and that has been my problem from the
beginning. When I include your code, just as mine in previous posts, it
appears that the handleRead function is overwritten in the prototype, but
when I try to use the function (within a GetFeature control), the original
prototype handleRead is run not my own.

I've even tried building a smaller version of my application (trying to
simplify it) and still have the same problem. Next, I'll try building in the
other direction and create a test page that contains nothing of my
application, only OpenLayers and see if the override works then. I'm
guessing it will...which rather frightens me, because then I can't imagine
why it won't work within my application.

Anyway, I'll at least let you know if I get the simple test page working
properly.

Cheers
jtm