[OpenLayers-Dev] OL trunk + MapServer 6.0 + BBOX Strategy -> WFS server error. Invalid or Unsupported FILTER in GetFeature

Roald de Wit list at rdewit.net
Sat Jul 16 02:24:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

When trying out one of my apps with OL trunk, I get the following error:
"WFS server error. Invalid or Unsupported FILTER in GetFeature". Whilst
digging through the code, I noticed that the WFS requests have changed:
the PropertyName tag has been removed from the BBOX Filter.

It seems possible to work around the problem by providing a 'property'
attribute to the BBOX filter, but since I use a WFS protocol with a BBOX
Strategy, this strategy does not allow me to add this attribute to the
filter without overriding the createFilter method.

It looks like this change is not in OL 2.11-RC1 but if RC2 will be a
re-branch from trunk (as crschmidt suggests in another thread), then
this could cause problems for people using MS 6.0.x with OL 2.11.

Alexandre Dube reported the same error on the MS trac a few days ago:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3955. He might have run into the
same problem. Strictly speaking, it seems to be a MS bug and not an OL
one. But what if it takes a long time before this bug gets fixed? And,
could this be classed as a regression, since 2.10 does not have this
problem?

Regards, Roald