[OpenLayers-Dev] Offline Tiles for OpenLayers -reading MbTiles offline in OpenLayers?

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 20:26:15 EDT 2011

> And then again you  could convert your image to TMS tiles instead of
> mbtiles because its not hard to use TMS tiles offline. Yes bigger and
> cumbersome but possibly a lot faster than reading mbtile format in JS.

"Its not hard to use TMS tiles offline", Any URL link to this?

Is really TMS tiles offline? Or just reading local tiles still needs
an internet connection?

OpenLayers OSM has Local Tiles example but I doubt this is offline. I
must try it to see if the local tiles can be access without internet
connection - offline.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenLayers_Local_Tiles_Example

I hope it works offline my ipad  i.e. without internet Wifi and 3G connection.

Noli