[OpenLayers-Dev] Multiple maps on a page

Luke Roth roth.luke at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:32:40 EST 2011

I've been experimenting with a page with two synchronized maps (using
OpenLayers 2.10).  It's been pretty straightforward to synchronize
panning using the navigation control, but the scroll wheel zoom
doesn't work properly - all of the zoom events get sent to the second
map.  I haven't quite figured out exactly how events get passed
around, but searching through the code the mouse wheel up and down
events seem to be given a fixed name, i.e. "up" and "down" and a
callback is registered for them.  That's as far as I could get - does
anybody with more familiarity with the event handlers and callbacks in
OpenLayers have any ideas what I would need to fix to make this system
work with multiple maps?
Thanks,
Luke