[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: [OpenLayers] #2787: Sketch handlers fail when features cross the date line

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Mar 30 05:38:10 EDT 2011

Hi Phil,

we have some manual acceptance tests in tests/manual. These are basically like examples, but with a brief description on what to test. If you can provide something like this for the zoomBox patch, we can consider it.

For the linearring and openlayers-2787 patches, unit tests will be a better option. There is no documentation on how to create such tests, but in the case of openlayers-2787 you would basically call the createFeature and modifyFeature methods in the test, register listeners for the respecitve callbacks, log the geometries, and test them.

Andreas.

On Mar 29, 2011, at 22:36 , Phil Scadden wrote:

>>  Bumping this to 2.12, based on Andreas' commment. If someone is working on
>>  this and can provide a patch for 2.11 with tests please set the ticket
>>  back to Milestone 2.11.
>>
> Well there is already a patch isnt there?, but no tests. Is there
> documentation on how to create a test for a GUI issue like this one?
> --
> Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
> Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232
>
> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the contents.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/