[OpenLayers-Dev] Nokia N9 MeeGo, [PySide (Qt python)] / [Qt & Qtwebkit] and Openlayers

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:54:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

I like to run OpenLayers embedded in MeeGo thru PySide, similar to
what I did in XCode (OpenLayers embedded in iOS compile app which can
be submit to Apple App Store.

http://www.pyside.org/docs/pyside/PySide/QtWebKit/QWebView.html#PySide.QtWebKit.QWebView

However, [ Qt and Qtwebkit + OpenLayers ] is another option as well.

http://qt.nokia.com/products/library/qtwebkit/

Which one is easy to implement in MeeGo?

Any thoughts how can this be accomplished - running OpenLayers in
MeeGo device as an app (submitted in Ovi / Nokia store)  - not as a
client from a server (e.g. jquery mobile OL example?

The main advantage of having it in the device is, it can interact with
local spatialite database.

BTW, jquery-mobile runs in MeeGo web browser now - no problem with
jquery mobile Openlayers example, I think.

N9
http://swipe.nokia.com/

Noli