[OpenLayers-Dev] MOTION: delete old branches

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:01:20 EDT 2011

I am +1 for rethinking how we use branches.  I think the branch model works well for MapServer where they tend to release multiple times from the same branch (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/branches ... 11 branches but that goes back a long time).  I think we should have branches grouping API-compatible versions, i.e. a branch for version 1, one for version 2, and one for version 3 and just tag releases within each branch.

As Andreas suggests, its always possible to go back and branch from a tag if it is deemed really necessary to release a bugfix version of a previous release.

Cheers

Paul