[OpenLayers-Dev] MOTION: delete old branches

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Oct 12 00:06:54 EDT 2011

Another way to look at this is that if we have a lot of commits in a
release branch that aren't in our master branch, we're doing something
wrong.  Currently, the diff views are a bit misleading
(https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/compare/master...2.6) - that
represents a number of commits that are in both the 2.6 branch and
master, but they only look different due to how git-svn works and/or
how we merged in svn.

We have to talk about how we want to handle branching as we approach
the next release.  Here's a post that I think we've passed around
before: http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

Tim

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo http://opengeo.org/