[OpenLayers-Dev] HTML template popup manager

Javier Carrasco jcarrasco at prodevelop.es
Mon Oct 31 11:34:41 EDT 2011

Hello,

I wrote a small piece of code to easily add popups to vector layers
using html templates.

Example: http://gis.prodevelop.es/olsocial/
<http://gis.prodevelop.es/olsocial/>

SmartPopup is a manager that helps  users to add popups to vector layers
without dealing with controls or events and without concatenating
strings. The name (SmartPopup) is wrong, TemplatePopupManager would be
better.

I think it could be useful for other users but maybe it is not very
OpenLayers-style. Maybe it should be a control instead of a separate
object, width and height of the popup and the popup style (like
FramedCloud) should be configurable, etc.

Could you developers give me some advices to make my code more
OpenLayers-style?

Thank you

Javi