[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: Openlayers: Check the map content and tell if the feature exists in the map bound

vsambhe vsambhe at imgs.ie
Tue Sep 13 05:56:54 EDT 2011

Hi Denis,

sLayername is the layer name. In the map for a feature we add two layers one
is for tooltip which is wms layer and one is vector layer.

So oLayers.length returns 2.

In my custom legend control I have a list box where I have list items
matching to the layer names. I check the display scale of the vector layers
and show those list items if the layer is in range. But my additional
requirment is if layer feature is not in the map extent then dont show the
legend for that layer.

I have a admin site through which the dataset is brought for the vector
layer. Incident layer is from sql server 2008.

I can see the incident features but features collection always shows zero.