[OpenLayers-Dev] Doubts regrading shapefies

Harikumar Muralee Harikumar.Muralee at ii2mail.com
Sun Aug 12 23:13:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

Iam a beginner in OpenLayers.All I want is to display some shapefiles on web
as a Asp.net web application.
Currently what I am doing is created a "test1.map" file and then in
javascript am using

var shapes = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer("TestMap",

"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?mode=map&map=e:/ms4w/apps/MapFiles/
test1.map&layer=layername1&layer= layername2&layer= layername3") ;

map.addLayer(shapes);

Is It the right way?.One layer is fixed as a base layer and top of I need to
add another layers which can be any number ranging from 2 to 30.Please guide
me through the correct way.

Thanks in Advance
Hari

THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the addressee, do not take any action on the contents
and any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or
use of this communication is strictly prohibited. WARNING: Computer viruses can be
transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. ii-2 Technologies accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.