[OpenLayers-Dev] ship only with minimal build for 2.12

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Feb 22 13:33:17 EST 2012

Hey Tom,

you're right, the documentation needs to be improved to explain the
modularity of the library better. What we really want in the end (you and I have
discussed this already) is make OpenLayers work better with common
dependency management tools that people work with.

After that, there will still be people that don't use dependency
management tools at all, and I think these people shouldn't be
bothered with missing components - especially if they come from GMaps
/ Leaflet *because* of functionality that's not available there.

Andreas.