[OpenLayers-Dev] ship only with minimal build for 2.12

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Feb 23 01:47:46 EST 2012

This starts to look like a plan. A lot of work ahead, so keep the pull
requests (to both docs and openlayers) coming.

When the release contains different profiles, it is also not a big
deal if something is missing in a stripped down build, because people
can always switch to the full build if something is missing.

Andreas.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Peter Robins
<openlayers at peterrobins.co.uk> wrote:
> On 22 February 2012 19:01, Tom MacWright <tom at macwright.org> wrote:
>> Downloading just OpenLayers.js makes all of the images break, and the
>
> ah yes, that's true - the hidden dependencies
>
> I've been gradually squeezing my own builds down, but if I want vector
> support with all the classes like protocols and strategies that
> simplify using them, I can't get the closure-compiled file down much
> below 300kB (some 75kB gzipped). Plus I want a different build for
> mobiles, extra classes for pages that edit vectors, etc, etc.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/