[OpenLayers-Dev] ship only with minimal build for 2.12

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Tue Feb 28 02:08:17 EST 2012

On Thursday, February 23, 2012, Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> This starts to look like a plan. A lot of work ahead, so keep the pull
> requests (to both docs and openlayers) coming.
>
> When the release contains different profiles, it is also not a big
> deal if something is missing in a stripped down build, because people
> can always switch to the full build if something is missing.

So is the plan to ship two builds in the release archive, a full build and
a light build? That sounds good to me. I wonder if we should also provide a
mobile-specific build. And yes, we'll need to provide some text file in the
release archive to describe what these builds are and provide, and how to
create custom builds.

Also, do we continue to provide online versions on openlayers.org? And do
we also have online versions with both full and light builds?

Thanks,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS