[OpenLayers-Dev] tiled vector layer

Gagan Bansal gaganbansal123 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 06:13:43 EST 2012

Hi,

I had requirement to get features by tiles. So that I can cash the requests
on server. I achieved this by creating a Strategy as Tiled Feature strategy.
In this approach for current map extent I am calculating the tiles in the
extent and requesting those tiles from  server. Here is the Tiled Feature
Strategy class (http://openlayerstools.sourceforge.net/src/Strategy_TFS.js)
and working example on same is
http://openlayerstools.sourceforge.net/examples/TFS.html

First thing, I would like to know is that this approach is correct or better
solution can be achieved.
If this approach is fine then can it be part of OpenLayers.

Regards,
Gagan