[OpenLayers-Dev] [MOTION] create 2.12 branch

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Mar 8 12:51:09 EST 2012

Hi Eric,

first of all, thanks a lot for taking on the release work - which
isn't trivial now that both GitHub and trac need to be managed.

I am +1 on branching off 2.12 now under the terms that you suggested
(i.e. pull requests for 2.12 are still possible, and existing pull
requests in the 2.12 milestone will be considered).

I added #248 to the 2.12 milestone again, in the hope that there will
be at least some discussion about it. I would like to have all the
pull requests that are currently open in the 2.12 milestone in the
final release.

Andreas.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Eric Lemoine
<eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have moved all the open Trac tickets out of the 2.12 milestone. We
> still have three open issues in GitHub [*]. I'd still like to create
> the 2.12 branch in GitHub, to be able to easily control what goes into
> 2.12 and what does not. We have all the tests pass in FF 10, Chrome
> 17, IE 8, IE 9, and Safari 5.1.2, and I'd really like to keep that.
> PSC members, please give your approval or disapproval.
>
> When the 2.12 branch is created pull requests for 2.12 will need to
> target the 2.12 branch. And people submitting pull requests for 2.12
> will need to make sure tests pass in the aforementioned browsers.
>
> Thanks.
>
> [*] <https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/issues?milestone=1&sort=created&direction=desc&state=open>
>
> --
> Eric Lemoine