[OpenLayers-Dev] website infrastructure changes
tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu May 10 18:26:11 EDT 2012
I made some non-trivial changes to scripts that assemble our web
resources and the directory structure behind them. The tl;dr version
is that if you notice any 404s, please reply here.
Our website and hosted examples hadn't been updated for a while due to
some irregularities in GitHub's svn interface (see `svn info
https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/ if you're curious - last
change looks to be 6 years ago). In an effort to resolve this, I
changed the (overloaded) update_dev_dir.sh script to use
`git-ls-remote` instead , but it then looked like `svn up` wasn't
doing what it should either.
Using the svn interface to the git repos was always just a stop-gap,
so I made a number of additional changes to work with git clones
instead . At the same time, I shuffled the directory structure on
the server around a bit to be a bit more intuitive (at least I hope
). I just updated the apache config for all of the following:
http://docs.openlayers.org/. Since there was a fair amount of
shuffling and room for error, I wanted to spell out the changes here
and see if anybody noticed anything funky.
Eric, I updated the release script on master to reflect the new layout
as well . If it looks like everything worked out, perhaps you'll
want to cherry pick these commits into 2.12 if you're running
release.sh and exampleparser.py [1, 5, 2, then 4].
Let me know if this brings up any concerns. All the old structure is
still around (in /osgeo/openlayers/_to_be_deleted), so we can recover
anything that is missing.
Expert service straight from the developers.
More information about the Dev