[OpenLayers-Dev] Popups, panning maps, and closeOnMove

Jesse V. Griffis jesse.griffis at nbtsolutions.com
Fri May 11 08:50:38 EDT 2012

Hey folks,

I put this on -users but no one got it, so I figured I'd throw it here since it
really does appear to be a bug to me:

It looks like there's an incompatibility when using Popup objects (say, via
SelectFeature) with both panMapIfOutOfView and closeOnMove set to true - if
you select a feature that is near the edge of the viewport, and it pans... it
fires the movestart event which hides the popup.

Should I report it as a bug, or is there another workaround?

Jesse

--
Jesse V Griffis
Senior Developer