[OpenLayers-Dev] Github or Trac?

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed May 23 18:09:56 EDT 2012

>For that specific case (assuming it's plain text), use something like
https://gist.github.com/ and provide a link in the ticket.

How clumsy is that? I would have to ask why on earth do this? This is
moving from a pretty sophisticated bug/feature tracking system to
something extremely primitive. What is the benefit in doing this? None
that I can see as far reporting bugs - its just become a lot more
difficult. And for developers, it appears you lose the ability to filter
by category (bug, feature, improvment etc), or look at priority.