[OpenLayers-Dev] MySQL vs OpenLayers communication

younesagma younesagma at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 13:05:21 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a MySQL database full of data about students (name, age, school,
university, city, etc).
What I want to do is to transform the data I got to markers on the map. To
be more specific, I will for example calculate the number of students who
study at the university X and come from town Y. The result of this request
(a number) will be set on the map as a marker.
I've been looking for such an example but couldn't find a corresponding one
in the OpenLayers examples. Besides, POI examples have text files as data
sources.

To sum up, I want to know how to implement the transformation of the results
of my request into markers on the map.

I wish I could resolve this because I'm stuck here for more than three weeks
:/

Thank you again !