[OpenLayers-Dev] jshint, 'use strict' and code conventions

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Mon Feb 18 00:08:48 PST 2013

Hi all,

I know that we have discussed parts of this previously but wanted to
bring the discussion back to life.

In a recent PR we discussed about our policy regarding "use strict":
https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/884#discussion_r3042108

I think we should have a discussion regarding the measurable 'quality'
of our source code.

I suggest that we

  * have a policy about dealing with "use strict"
  * agree on jshinting new source code (and with what options)

Once we have agreed on this I am willing to spend some time on jshinting
existing sourcefiles, but only if  we have a common ground of agreed
options.

What do you guys think?

Best regards,
Marc

--

   Dipl.-Geogr. Marc Jansen
   --- Anwendungsentwickler ---

   terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
   Pützchens Chaussee 56
   53227 Bonn

   Tel:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
   Fax:   +49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

   Email: jansen at terrestris.de
   Web:   http://www.terrestris.de

   Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835, Komplementärin: terrestris Verwaltungs-
   gesellschaft mbH, vertreten durch: Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams