[OpenLayers-Dev] Testing

Michael Ryan mr at mry4n.net
Tue May 21 14:21:01 PDT 2013

While I've understood I need to use trigger() somehow, I have been unsuccessful in implementing it.

I was using test for buttonclick as a reference: https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/master/tests/Events/buttonclick.html

I would have assumed that within the context of the featurclick example
https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/174/files

I could have used something like

events = OpenLayers.Events(map, document.getElementById("map"));
events.triggerEvent({type: 'mousedown', xy: new OpenLayers.Pixel(0,0)}, map);
events.triggerEvent({type: 'mouseup', xy: new OpenLayers.Pixel(0,0)}, map);

But, apparently, that's wrong.

Am I trying to do something that isn't possible? I'm assuming I'm just implementing it wrong. Any thoughts?

-Mike