[OpenLayers-Dev] Testing

Michael Ryan mr at mry4n.net
Wed May 22 07:34:24 PDT 2013

Thank you Andreas for clearing up that I should assign events like so:

events = map.events

The other part of this is that you have specify that the event you are triggering is a left-click.

By tracing the code you see that you need to set the "which" attribute to 1 in the object passed to triggerEvent(), otherwise onClick in featureclick.js ignores the event.

So, this is what my code should have looked like:

events = map.events;
events.triggerEvent( 'mousedown', {xy: new OpenLayers.Pixel(0,0), which: 1}, map);
events.triggerEvent('mouseup', {xy: new OpenLayers.Pixel(0,0), which: 1}, map);

I'm assuming I can get tests written today. Although, I'm not exactly clear how to submit them. If anyone wants to clue me in to that procedure I'd appreciate it.

-Mike