[OpenLayers-Dev] Create a Map Tile Downloader

slippyr4 slippyr4 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 02:21:40 PDT 2014

Yes, the world extents stay the same, because they are used to work out the
proper x,y,z tiles based on the EPSG3857 projection which DOES cover the
whole planet.

That you are only interested in australia is neither here nor there.

mapExtents, in my code, is the area of map that my app is displaying.
consider it your region of interest. If your intention is to calculate the
tileset that corresponds to australia, then that forms your mapExtent.